Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Vegas and Nana & Papa's

It's June already... YEAH!!!! that means only 4 more months until Rob is scheduled to return. (although that is not any guarantee.)
So Emma and I drove up to my parents house with the dogs on the 25th of May. My parents graciously agreed to watch her while I went to another conference. (my last one this year until Rob gets home). She seemed to have a great time with Nana and Papa. Papa being her buddy all during the day and then Nana's girl first thing in the morning and once she got home from work everyday. Emma got to eat all of the fun stuff that we normally don't have at home - Ice cream, candy, chips, and she even had popcorn for the first time with her Nana.
And of course Nana and Papa got her another exicting toy to play on... They bought her her very own Step2 roller coaster. It didn't take Em long to figure it out. (although the girl is a bit lazy and would rather you push her down than use her own legs). Nana took her out on the 4-wheeler again, and she played on her tree swing. She even got to go shopping. I think she probably had a better time than I did in Vegas. (well maybe not... LOL)

Speaking of Vegas... that's where my conference was at. The actual conference was o.k. (thankfully it was somewhere fun) but the best part was that my BFF Andrea met me out there. We had a great time just the two of us (for the most part) without any children. We went and saw Mystere - Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, and of course went and had massages and paraffin wax treatments. Did I say I had a great time? We were going to do a little sightseeing the last afternoon we were there... but opted to head for the pool at the Hotel instead. (much better idea).
We had a nice little visit with her brother and his family. They only live about 4 hours from Vegas in Cali and so they drove out to see Andrea. All in all it was a good time.

Back home this week. Back to work too. But getting ready for yet another fun and exciting trip. Saturday Em and I are back on the road for our family vacation to Nashville Tennessee. We will be meeting my parents and my oldest brother and his wife for a week of camping. It should be a load of fun. Two of my nieces from Milwaukee will be flying down on Tuesday afternoon to join us too. Can't wait for that.
I will post pictures of Emma's stay up north and my trip to Vegas along with pics from our upcoming vacation after we return. ( I really will)

News on Rob.... much of the same. He is busy in and out of the field. Tired as always. The boy still has not gotten a commercial email address for all of you that are looking for one. He is slacking a little bit in that department, but I am sure he will eventually get one. eventually.....LOL

Hope this finds all of you out there doing great and gearing up for the summer. It's already hotter than Hades down here. YUCK!!!
Taataa for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, I lost the paper plate where you wrote this web address, but I found it yesterday, so today I am checking your new post. It sounds like Emma likes her grandparents' place a bunch. At least she likes the yummy food there. Paul is out with some friend this weekend. We don't have Rob's email nor his address. Paul will call you Monday to ask for his addresses.

Take care and we'll see each other again soon when Rob is back.
Many kisses and hugs to Emma and you.